So I decided to tackle one of the kitchen cabinets. Here is the original pin that inspired me. I really liked the idea of hanging the measuring cups on the door. Whenever I needed one I usually had to pull all of them out and then search for the one I needed. Now this would make things easier and also give me more room on the shelf.
This is a cabinet I store my baking supplies in, as well as a few other items. Here is the before:
In the pin, it shows a cork board attached to the inside of the cabinet. I really didn’t want to do this (seemed a bit too fancy for what the cabinet was) so I came up with another idea. I used Command hooks. The hooks were just a tad bit wide for one of the measuring cup sets ( 1/8, 2/3, 3/4 & 1 1/2). They had a different handle. So thanks to hubby for suggesting I trim the hook. What I actually did was use one of my heavy duty nail files and “sand” off the edges a bit. Then the hole in the handle fit perfectly. Here they are ready for the cups:
I chose to stagger them so the cups fit better since the door isn’t that wide.
After that, I went through everything in the cabinet and got rid of outdated things, rearranged and voila! A much more organized space!
Thanks for reading!
P.S. Project is not quite finished. I failed to realize that if you open the door quickly the cups make quite the racket. So I am going to have to fix this somehow. Mind still thinking about it. Will let you know what I end up doing.