now and ever more

each journey begins with one step . . . a baby step

37 weeks . . . December 20, 2012

Filed under: Pregnancy — nowandevermore @ 11:34 AM
Tags: , , , , , , ,

Well, our little guy is still breech.  So I am scheduled for a c-section on January 2 (39 weeks).  That is less than 2 weeks away!

I got home on Tuesday, after the ultrasound, and bawled my eyes out.  I did not want to have a c-section and I really thought that he had turned back.  When hubby got home, we talked and I felt better afterwards.

This isn’t what we planned, but all I want is for the baby to be healthy and get here safely.

I know if you do research there are ways to try to turn the baby, from pushing on your stomach, taking supplements, certain exercises, standing on your head, etc.  OK, maybe not the last one, but you get the idea.  If I really thought that anything would work and work safely I might consider trying it.  But at this point, I just don’t think anything would work and with the issues we have had with the baby’s heart rate dropping because he was probably playing with his umbilical cord, I certainly do not want to risk any of the movements putting undo pressure on the cord and causing more problems.  It isn’t worth it.

Today I also did some research on c-sections and Crohn’s Disease.  I haven’t really thought much about my Crohn’s because it has been in remission for over 15 years and I have not had any flares at all during the pregnancy.  But I was curious what might be recommended as far as delivering vaginally vs. c-section.

When I did have issues with my Crohn’s, the problem area seemed to be perianal, such as fissures and Crohn’s related skin-tags.    I knew that if I were to have a vaginal birth, I was concerned about the tearing and subsequent episiotomy.  I would need to be cut diagonally instead of straight down.  Healing after birth would be challenging as the area does not heal as fast with Crohn’s.  So that was always in the back of my mind, especially knowing this guy appears to have a large head.

So I think that in this case, the c-section is the way to go.  Honestly I do not know if I would have really pursued this had the baby not been breech, but I also believe that things happen for a reason.  Maybe this guy decided to turn at the last moment so that my body would not have to go through the issues that might pop up with me having Crohn’s.

Whatever the reason, I will deal with it and things will be just fine.  My parents will be here to help and of course my hubby will be here as well.

So unless things drastically change, we will be meeting our son on January 2, 2013.  It all seems to exciting and scary at the same time.  But I can’t wait to hold him in my arms!!!

 

One Response to “37 weeks . . .”

  1. Aiza Says:

    Yay!! Can’t wait to see the little guy!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s