So I do have to say that today was a better day. AF seems to be almost gone (hope I didn’t jinx it as my hubby said I did). We did not walk today as the temp started out this morning at about 14 degrees and dropped from there with a windchill of 1 below. Tomorrow is not looking that great either. We are supposed to get about 6 inches of snow. We will see how the morning is. Our dog is started to get mopey from not walking. I may try to get him on the treadmill for a bit. Yes I have gotten him to walk a couple of minutes here and there. So I know he can do it.
I made some homemade applesauce today. I know it is easy but I have never made it in the oven before. It made the whole house smell yummy! It was a small recipe (from allrecipes.com) so I will probably double or triple it next time.
2 apples – peeled and sliced
3 Tbsp Sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon (I did not measure and just sprinkled some)
1/4 tsp vanilla (I made it 1 tsp – love vanilla)
Put the apples in a 1 quart oven safe dish and the mix the other ingredients in a separate bowl and sprinkle on top. Cover and bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
Hubby likes the applesauce with no apple chunks so I put it in a food processor for him. It was so yummy. I might cut back on the sugar next time as the apples I used were Gala and had enough sweetness of their own. I did have a discussion with hubby about whether he liked it or not. He said it was good – he actually ate all of it and I managed to steal a few bites. But he said he prefers the store-bought. He is not a fan of cinnamon and he said, although it was good, he likes it more plain! 😦 Oh well. Next time I will just slice the apples and bake them with nothing for him and do my own yummy batch just for me!
I can’t fault him for liking what he likes and having no taste. LOL He lets me experiment with different recipes and never complains. I like his honesty and it helps me get to know what he likes. On to the challenge.
DAY 19: List 5 pet peeves.
Ok, this was a little tough. Not saying I don’t have them…everyone does. Just when I am faced with having to think of them right now, they don’t come to mind that quickly. So here are some, but I am sure I have more.
1. People who text and drive . . . and even those that talk on their cell. I have been almost hit one too many times by people using their cells. Pull over if it is that important.
2. People that chew with their mouth open. I used to work with a guy that ate popcorn almost every afternoon and he would crunch it with his mouth open! ARGH!
3. People not picking up after their dog. It doesn’t take that much effort. Do you flush the toilet when you are done? Come on…pick it up!
4. Leaving dirty dishes in the sink. Ok, so I have been guilty of this. And hubby does it all the time. I don’t get mad because he even mentioned this to me while we were dating. I do ask that he try to make an effort right after I clean the kitchen. Love to see an empty sink for a little bit at least. And I usually just end up putting them in the dishwasher myself…it is RIGHT THERE! 🙂
5. When people assume things about you without even really knowing you. One situation comes to mind. About 10 years ago I was at a company Christmas party and was seated next to my boss’ wife. I was not dating anyone at the time and so I attended alone. She asked me, “don’t you want to get married and have kids?” I was a little dumbfounded by her question and I simply replied, “yes, I am just not dating anyone at the moment.” Guess she figures, if you are single, it must be by choice. Just like if you don’t have kids, you must not want any.
Thanks for reading!