now and ever more

each journey begins with one step . . . a baby step

what a difference a few hours make . . . October 26, 2011

Filed under: IVF/FET Journey — nowandevermore @ 9:43 PM

So today I woke up in a bad mood.  I did not sleep too well.  Woke up in the middle of the night dripping with sweat.  Not sure if it was the Lupron or what.  But I had a few hot flashes all morning.  And to top it all off I was waiting for that phone call from the doctor’s office to know if we could proceed.  I tried to keep myself busy so I wouldn’t think about it.  Trip to the grocery store.  Bought a pumpkin to carve and the seeds make a tasty treat once they are baked in a little salt and butter.  Made some homemade applesauce and then the phone rang about 1:15pm.

It was the nurse telling us we are good to go!  Apparently the doctor who had done the polyp removal was not aware that we had already started preparing for the FET (been on birth control for 4 weeks).  He just assumed that there would be no way we could get my body ready in time for the November cycle since it was already the end of October.  So much for being well-informed!  So the doctor who had done the ER said it was not an issue and we could continue as planned!  What a relief!!!  (We still need to make sure the pathology report comes back ok, but it should.)

I was so happy after I hung up I burst into tears.  Damn I hate these hormones…cry when you are sad, cry when you are happy, cry when you see those darn Hallmark commericals…cry …cry …cry.

So after the wonderful phone call, I got a burst of energy.  I finished carving the pumpkin (will bake the seeds tomorrow after they dry).  Gave the dog a haircut and even did his nails.  Then I made dinner.  I had more energy after that phone call than I have had in a week!  I think the antibiotics are also kicking in.

I finally feel like things are moving along again!  I have been in a waiting game since September 14th, the day they told us how many embryos we had on ice.   I know these next three weeks will probably fly by.  There are so many things I want to do before the FET on November 20.  I think mentally I have been putting them off because I just didn’t know when things were going to happen.  So now I can proceed.   And being busy helps the time to fly.

So all in all it was a good day.  Lupron shot #2 in about 15 minutes.  Hope I don’t get the night sweats again!  But, if this is what it takes to get that baby, then I will deal with it.  Doesn’t mean I have to like it! 🙂

Thanks for reading!

P.S.  Here is the pumpkin I carved.  🙂


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s